Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Map Relief



For my map relief I focused on the idea of my close knit community in my home town and the connections I have with the people there. My design element include triangle shapes that I folded to create depth. I then clustered and connected the triangle pieces, some more clustered then others. I wanted the different shapes and sizes of the triangles to represent the different connections one makes with the people in their lives. I added string to connect some triangles that had distance between them to represent that when we grow older, we still keep these connections. My overall design incorporated negative space and balance in composition to portray my own representation of a map. 

Process:



Research:



From the start I wanted to use triangles as my component, but it was not until I looked at Grace Bonney's work that I realized I can create depth through one paper triangle.



No comments:

Post a Comment